Scope and Consent
Collection of Personal Information
Information you provide to us: We may collect and store any information you provide us when you use ez Lanka Services. including when you add you use ez Lanka Services, including when you add information on a web form, add or update your account information, participate in community discussions, chats, or dispute resolutions, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding ez Lanka Services.
When you use ez Lanka Services, we also collect information about your transactions and your activities. In addition, if you open a ez Lanka account or use ez Lanka Services, we may collect the following types of information:
- The geographic area where you use your ez Lanka Account
- Your full name, username, and email address and other contact details
- Detailed personal information such as your date of birth or national ID number
- A unique user ID (an alphanumeric string) which is assigned to you upon registration
- Other optional information as part of your account profile
- Your IP Address and, when applicable, timestamp related to your consent and confirmation of consent
- Other information submitted by you or your organizational representatives via various methods
- Authentication and Fraud Detection: In order to help protect you from fraud and misuse of your personal
- information, we may collect information about you and your interactions with ez LankaServices. We may also
- valuate your computer, mobile phone or other access device to identify any malicious software or activity.
How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
- Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customized experience.
- Provide ez Lanka Services and customer support.
- Process transactions and send notices about your transactions.
- Verify your identity, including during account creation and password reset processes.
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems.
- Manage risk, or to detect and/or prevent and/or take remedial measures in respect of fraud or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
- Detect, prevent or take remedial action in respect of violations of policies or applicable user agreements.
Improve the ez Lanka Services by customizing your user experience;.
- Measure the performance of the ez Lanka Services and improve their content and layout.
We do not sell or otherwise provide your personal information or access thereto to third parties for their marketing purposes or otherwise without your express consent. We may combine your personal information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize ez Lanka Services, content, and advertising. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us or participate in our advertisement customization programs, please indicate your preference by logging into your account and going to the Notifications section and updating your preferences, or by following the directions that may be provided within the communication or advertisement.
We respect your communication preferences. If you no longer wish to receive notifications via our application, you can adjust your preferences by visiting the settings page of the application.
When you access our website or use ez Lanka Services, we (including companies we work with) may place small data files on your computer or other device. These data files may be cookies, pixel tags, e-tags, “Flash cookies,” or other local storage provided by your browser or associated applications (collectively “Cookies”).
We use these technologies to recognize you as a customer; customize ez Lanka Services, content, and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness; help ensure that your account security is not compromised; mitigate risk and prevent fraud; and to promote trust and safety across our sites and ez Lanka Services.
You are free to decline our Cookies if your browser or browser add-on permits, unless our Cookies are required to prevent fraud or ensure the security of websites we control. However, declining our Cookies may interfere with your use of our website and ez Lanka Services.
Do Not Track (DNT) is an optional browser setting that allows you to express your preferences regarding tracking by advertisers and other third-parties. We do not currently respond to DNT signals. We do, however, provide you notice of the tracking by advertisers and other third parties in our Privacy and Cookies policies.
How We Protect and Store Personal Information
We protect your information using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to data centres, and information access authorization controls.
How We Share Personal Information with Other ez Lanka Users
When you transact with others through the ez Lanka Services, we may provide those parties with information about you necessary to complete the transaction, such as your name, account ID, contact details, billing address, or other information needed to promote the reliability and security of the transaction. If a transaction is held, fails, or is later invalidated, we may also provide details of the unsuccessful transaction. To facilitate dispute resolution, we may provide a buyer with the seller’s address so that goods can be returned to the seller. The receiving party is not allowed to use this information for unrelated purposes, such as to directly market to you, unless you have agreed to it.
Please note that merchants and other parties you transact with through the ez Lanka Services may have their own privacy policies, and although ez Lanka user agreement does not allow the other transacting party to use this information for anything other than providing ez Lanka Services, we are not responsible for their actions, including their information protection practices.
How You Can Access or Change Your Personal Information
How You Can Contact Us about Privacy Questions